In order to maintain the competitive pricing of our tests, we offer clients the option of creating their own DNA Test Sampling Kit.
Before creating your Sample Collection Kit, you must ensure you have the consent of all participants or their legal guardians. Any samples submitted without the Consent Form (link below) will be rejected.
Sample Collection Precautions
- Smoke for one hour prior to samples being collected
- Eat for one hour prior to samples being collected
- Drink anything other than still water for one hour prior to samples being collected
- Use Mouthwash or Toothpaste for one hour prior to samples being collected
- Touch the end of the swab at anytime; not even to check if it is dry.
You Will Need
Below you will find a list of the items needed to create a sample collection kit. You are able to purchase the below items from any Drugstore, Pharmacy, Store or Supermarket.
- Cotton-tipped swabs (4 per person). If cotton-tipped swab has 2 cotton ends, cut one end off before starting.
- 2 Small paper envelopes (1 per participant)
- 1 Large paper envelope addressed to the correct laboratory
- Consent Form
In order to achieve the best results, follow the below steps to collect your samples.
Each participant requires their own paper envelope addressed. The outside of the envelope must include your Case ID, Participant Name, Date of Birth and Relationship: for example, Alleged father, child, sibling or grandparent.
Ensuring not to touch the tip of the cotton-tipped swab, rub the cotton end along the inside of your cheek and around for mouth for a minimum of 1 minute. Please ensure to rub the tip with medium strength in order to collect the required cheek cells. Please use a total of 4 swabs per person. Each person much use their own swabs.
Please the swabs in a glass with the cotton-tipped side facing up. Please allow the swabs to dry for 1 hour before placing them in the correctly labelled paper envelope. You must ensure the correct swabs are placed in the correct labels. If this is not followed, the results will come back as a false reading or inconclusive result.
Place the individual paper envelopes containing the swabs inside of the larger envelope along with your signed consent form and send it to Hunts Genetics for processing.
US Mailing Address: 245 Park Ave 39th Floor, Manhattan, NY 10167
UK Mailing Address: Portland House, Bressenden Pl, Westminster, London SW1E 5RS